Happy New Year!
As we launch into 2017, I am committed to building on the success of the past to change mindsets and improve dementia care worldwide. MyAlzheimersStory.com is only three years old, but it has already made a mark and garnered a lot of support, thanks to you, it’s subscribers and supporters.
MAS top posts come in all colours, shapes and sizes. They include memes, tips, demos, poetry, questions and a rant. The top post, “5 ways we rob people with dementia of their dignity,” has been viewed more than 13,500 times. Not bad for starters. Here’s a list of the top 10 posts:
- 5 ways we rob people with dementia of their dignity
- 20 questions that help explain why people with dementia get agitated and physically aggressive
- 10 ways to calm a crisis with a person with dementia (Teepa Snow demo)
- 20 questions to ask when a LO with dementia doesn’t recognize you anymore
- 13 expert tips to help with “I want to go home.” (Teepa Snow demo)
- don’t give advice to people who are drowning
- 7 powerful things a care partner can say to stop anger and aggression in a person with dementia
- Two Mothers Remembered by Joann Snow Duncanson
- dying with my mom
- Teepa Snow demos Hand Under Hand™ dementia care to connect, comfort and “control”
Free one-hour webinar: 5 surefire ways to stop aggression when dealing with someone who lives with dementia
The five BANGS principles:
- “B” is for breathe.
- “A” is for assess, accept, and agree.
- “N” is for never, never argue
- “G” is for go with the flow, let go of your ego, get on with it and get over it.
- “S” is for say you’re sorry
My 7 favourite original poems
Image copyright: kathienichols / 123RF Stock Photo